Tuesday 19 February 2013

Back to Tiananmen Square

 Ni hao!

 On Sunday we decided to go back to Tiananmen Square in the early morning to see the body of Chairman Mao at Tiananmen Square.

 The last time we had been to Tiananmen Square it had been a snowy evening; today it was freezing cold but it wasn't snowing, and the sky was clear. We could enjoy the Square in all its magnificent glory.

 The way there









At the Square






























 I hope the photos give a sense of the sheer huge-ness of the place - I think it is the biggest square I have ever been in. We saw Chairman Mao's body, after having to go through heavy security, then we went to a little gift shop which can be found through the archway in the photo above. 

 Here we accidentally got split up and I ended up in a little group with Sarah, April and Marvi, who became my very good friends. We went to a little café to try to warm up a bit after the freezing cold morning, then we  set off for the nearby Forbidden City. The photos from which will be in my next blog post!

 Thanks for reading,

 I hope you like the photos,

 Liz x

1 comment:

  1. Whenever people will talk about the China they will not forge the tiananmen square without discuss this beautiful and culture place history cannot be completed. I definitely want to visit this place and i hope in future will also update us. tiananmen square

    ReplyDelete